Get away from it all in the Garden of Wales
Gellideg is a gorgeous traditional Welsh cottage with a contemporary twist, a romantic rural retreat and the perfect base from which to explore beautiful West Wales.
Through the pretty stable door you will find a cosy sitting room which exudes character, with beams, slate hearth, terracotta floor and hand made oak windows.
The traditional wood burner is at the heart of this room with its eclectic mix of classic and contemporary furniture, vintage pieces and local art. Curl up with a book in front of a roaring fire, stretch out with a film or some music, huddle around a jigsaw or board game, or just sit around and chat - the choice is yours. Superfast broadband will keep you as connected as you want to be, and as signal can be variable, there is a telephone landline for incoming and emergency calls.
- 2 two seater leather sofas, with cosy cushions and welsh blankets to snuggle under
- Ercol-style vintage telephone seat
- Woodburning stove (supply of logs and kindling provided), electric underfloor heating
- Flat screen TV with Freesat, radio, DVD/CD and Google Chrome for streaming
- Bluetooth Speaker for Music
- Library of books, CD's and DVD's
- Board games and puzzles
- Large coffee table
A wonderfully sociable open-plan country kitchen/dining area with lots of character: there's plenty of space for family meals around the heavy wooden dining table or pull the curtains, light some candles and enjoy a cosy romantic supper.
Treat yourself to a freshly made Espresso or cappuccino from the coffee machine. Open the french doors and take a seat on the patio, a real sun-trap where you may choose to have breakfast, surrounded by birdsong. The open doorway between the kitchen and the lounge makes it easy to chat with others or keep an eye on the kids whilst preparing meals.
- Spacious well equipped kitchen with a good range of quality equipment for the keen cook and a butler sink
- Fan assisted oven, gas hob, microwave, fridge, freezer, dishwasher (supply of tablets)
- De'Longhi espresso/cappuccino/latte coffee machine and complimentary pack of fresh coffee
- Initial supply of tea, instant coffee, sugar and milk. Olive oil, salt and pepper provided
- Washer/dryer, ironing board, iron, vacuum, broom and cleaning materials
- Complimentary basket of fresh produce for your first breakfast and a traditional Welsh treat.
The spacious master bedroom is a real retreat for couples. There are characterful sloping ceilings, two pretty cottage windows, French doors and a private balcony overlooking the beautiful landscaped garden.
With a sumptuous king size bed and luxurious bedding to sink into, you may just want to stay there all day. The bistro set on the balcony makes a perfect place to enjoy a morning coffee taking in the views over the valley, or a romantic alfresco night cap under the stars. With its own contemporary bathroom next door, you can enjoy a luxurious powerful rain shower, or sink in the large, deep double ended bath. With a skylight above you can lie back, relax and look at the stars. The additional hand held shower attachment makes it easy to cope with children’s bath time too.
- King size bed with top quality bed linen, sumptuous duvet, welsh blankets and silk quilt
- Large balcony with bistro table and chairs, beautiful views and access to the garden
- Wardrobe, large chest of drawers and 2 bedside cabinets
- Hairdryer with diffuser
- Contemporary bathroom next door with luxurious rain shower, double ended bath, sink, WC, heater and heated towel rail
- Complimentary soap, shower gel and body lotion
The second bedroom has identical twin beds, and room for a travel cot (this can also be set up in the master bedroom). High quality bedding and welsh blankets will keep you cosy, and black out blinds, together with the wonderful silence that surrounds Gellideg, will ensure a good night's sleep. A modern en-suite with electric shower means no queuing for the bathroom.
- Two solid oak single beds, 3 feet in width (bed guards are provided for young children)
- Wardrobe, chest of drawers and bedside cabinet
- Pretty modern en-suite with sink, WC and shower cubicle.
- Heated towel rail
- Complimentary soap, shower gel and body lotion
Listen to the chorus of birdsong, spot a buzzard or a red kite, or just sit back and enjoy the beautiful views across the valley.
The cottage has a beautiful hedged garden on two levels, featuring a lawn with weeping willow, attractively planted borders, and winding paths that reveal secret features. Enjoy breath taking views from the top patio under the Icelandic pine, find a spot to watch the birds, or soak up the sun on the lower patio. The garden is private and perfect for sunbathing or alfresco dining watching a beautiful sunset. The upper garden is fenced so children can enjoy running around with you or playing in the Willow Wigwam.
- Rattan sofa, table and chairs on the kitchen patio
- Coffee table and chairs on mezzanine patio opposite the kitchen
- Welsh Oak bench overlooking the valley
- Table and 4 chairs on upper patio, there is also a hammock that can be used
- Bistro table and chairs on the balcony (balcony has gated access to upper garden)
- Bench at the front of the cottage
- Private parking for 2 cars at the front of the cottage
- Living willow wigwam, providing a fun play area for little people
Baby & Child Friendly
Gellideg is perfect for all ages, from babies to adults, with facilities for all.
- Unobtrusive stair gates fitted throughout
- Large removable sturdy fire surround for the woodburner
- Soft corners on furniture
- Toddler toilet seat and stool
- Changing mat
- Black out linings to all curtains and blinds in the bedrooms
- Selection of toys, games, puzzles, books and DVD's
- Children’s cutlery and melamine crockery and cups
- Gated upper and lower garden
- Available on request:
- Travel cot (with additional mattress for softness and fitted sheet)
- Bottle steriliser, bottle warmer
- Baby bath
- Baby monitor
- Toddler booster seat
- Baby bouncer
- Bath thermometer
Staying with babies and young children in particular could not be easier at Gellideg, with a wide range of baby and toddler equipment available for use during your visit. Outside, the living willow wigwam in the garden provides an exciting place to feed children’s imagination and young children love exploring the paths around the garden. Within a very short walk of the cottage is a shallow stream across the lane at the bottom of the hill which is great for wading, boat races or a game of pooh sticks, before exploring the water falls in the woods further downstream. Further afield there are miles of golden sandy beaches and lots of exciting places and wildlife to explore.
Whether it is an active or relaxing holiday you are looking for, Gellideg will provide you with all the equipment you need and offers a peaceful base for you to enjoy your holiday.
Availability & Booking
We'd love to welcome you to stay at Gellideg Holiday Cottage. Please check our Availability & Booking section for details on how to book your holiday.
Out & About
There is so much to see and do in this beautiful corner of West Wales for all ages of visitors.
Please contact us if you have any questions about the cottage.